Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Animations are awesome. (or visuals, to be less specific)

Effective ones, that is.
By effective, I mean those that contribute to a certain message, or complement what a song has to say or add meaning to words. Or as long as they go well with anything light-hearted and bubbly. Etc.

(Because i want to get away from my computer asap to read, i shan't talk about these videos for now.)

Just one thought: animations/visuals make everything better - more interesting, engaging, easier to remember. Honestly. All great talks should be animated, no issue. Moving onto the music videos. Instead of having music videos that are almost totally unrelated to the songs (happens often), more artists should think of creating more effective videos with visuals/stories that link to the words or emotions behind the lyrics. We can still have our bizillion interpretations of the audio track, no restriction. But I thought it'd be nice to have more videos made according to how the artist himself interprets it. Just thought that might make their work a little more impactful, amongst many other ways that might exist to stick these words/music on our minds. Isn't that the whole point of videos? To add depth.

Okay maybe singers have to think about things like budget constraints but.. what's the point of creating a video if it doesn't even give the song any sort of value? Such a waste of film and beautiful lyrics if the film/story would be better off with another song. Or if the lyrics aren't that fantastic, use the video to make it good. Okay perhaps some videos exist just to remind us of the existence of the song. Then I have nothing to say. Maybe that's reality. Yeah I guess there's nothing much to say about starships or dance floors or djs who got us falling in love again. (And no I'm not hating on the music though they're obviously not my cup of tea, cause.. I'll admit some party songs can be catchy at times)

I thought the ones below are great in their different ways. The first one's something insightful, it's worth your 10 minutes. The second is so cute it makes me smile. And now I can't forget the lyrics to Octopus's Garden.


Are you past oriented or future oriented


The Beatles - Octopus's Garden (animation)

-

Although quite unrelated, here is an insightful article my teacher showed us:
What Captures Your Attention Controls Your Life

No comments: